Tuesday 27th August

I was up before 6am so got busy in the study.
I have a lot of things I am trying to get through at the moment.
One important thing is my submission for the Coroners Office.
I needed to get it done today so have been busy collating information in some sense of non-emotive order.
This is my view from my study as dawn breaks across the bay.
My laptop and me reflecting against the window.
I do love this view – never tire of it in all its moods.

I managed to get some spa time once it got light enough to read.
Azzan was up at 7am getting himself all ready for his day out with his bros.
He packed enough lunch for Africa!
But he knows his big bro and it is better to be forearmed than go hungry 😉
Seb arrived up in Tardis and Anson walked in the door soon after.
I had insurance papers for them to sign so they congregated in the study.
Sorta makes it feel very small when they are both in here!
There was some confusion on my behalf as to who had to sign where so I had to go back to the broker to find out what to do.
That took most of the day as they didn’t know either and they had to go back to the original company.
Nothing is ever simple eh?
The three boys took off out to do mussel work for the day.

It was blissfully quiet here once they had gone.
Shoshannah and I looked at each other and breathed a delicious sigh of relief.
I carried on working in the study, trying to clear the paperwork which has built up over past weeks.
Graham arrived around to work on the wood stove and I still hadn’t managed to have my shower.
He wanted to empty the hot water cylinder so I hurried off to have my shower first.
Shoshannah was busy cooking up a storm in the kitchen so with no hot water the dishes from that process and lunch stacked up for most the day.
She made lemon slice and vegetarian nachos for lunch, plus some vegetarian GF patties which she can freeze and use when she needs to.

Marah came round with Eden so I could help her make her thank you letters.
We choose some cute photos and spent the arvo printing them out.
They have been wonderfully spoilt since Eden’s birth so she has a lot of letters to write.
The guys came back mid arvo.
Anson got his wee girl and was playing games with her outside.P1080415
Say hullo to Mummy Eden 🙂P1080418

P1080420Then he brought a wee possum to visit us inside.P1080422
While Anson & Marah had some late lunch I babysat.
Had a run of phone calls, typical – the phone is silent all day and then when I am busy it goes non-stop!P1080425

Shoshannah and I had eaten our main meal for lunch so Azzan deep fried some potato wedges and he and I made a platter each of wedges, baby beetroot & cheese slices with tomato sauce and sour cream.
So healthy – not!
But delicious much 😉
Azzan snuggled into my bed and we ate dinner and watched a movie together.
Akeelah & the Bee tonight.
A really good one for Azzan to watch – all about not being afraid of being yourself.
The quote in the movie is actually by Marianne Williamson.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Azzan headed off to bed.
It was already way after 9pm.
I banked up the fire.
So great to have it all back together – almost better than new.
Thanks heaps Grant & Graham for doing this for us.
It is brilliant not to have a wet fire and floor for the first time in I can’t remember!P1080427

I cannot tolerate a mess on the bench so I washed all the pots and pans and left them to dry on the stove and stacked all the dishes and left them for Azzan to wash in the morning.
Then I headed back to the study and it the peace and quiet of the late evening I continued working on my submission.
Finally got it finished and emailed to the Coroner’s office just before midnight.
Then it was off to bed.
Read my kindle for a while to allow my brain to wind down.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s