Tuesday 24th June

I had a very disturbed night.
Azzan was tossing around so it took a while to actually get to sleep.
Then I woke at 3am and just could not get back to sleep.
Eventually must’ve cuz I was out cold when I woke to a message from Sunni.
Phone was on silent but the light of the screen mud have been enough to wake me.
Oh no!
It was 7:41am.
We were sposed to be up and gone to breakfast with Mat at 7:30am.
I quickly woke Azzan and he puled on his clothes and ran over to tell them that I would have a fast shower and be as quick as poss.
He came back to say Mat had gone to work and that we would brunch later.
It was all a bit much for me.
The sleepless night and the abrupt waking.
It all of a sudden hit and as I showered the tears just started pouring.
I think I had been holding them back for some days and this morning they wouldn’t stop.
When I got over tot he house Lily was having some mashed banana for breakfast and we just chilled for a wee while.
I sat outside with my drink of water and took 10 to breath.
Then had some cuddles with my wee girl while we decided where to go.
No photo session with Azzan is complete without some ragey selfies.
I did suggest that the light was a bit bright behind us but he reckoned it looked like his halo and he liked it 🙂
zzan playing games with Lily
We had the use of Mat’s work truck today – isn’t it super cool.
Just love it.

We hopped in and zipped off to ‘Dear Jervois’.
But then found it was closed on Tuesdays so we walked down the street to Rabbithole Cafe.
It was absolutely gorgeous.
Great setting and decor and wonderful food.
Sunni had the Coconut almond french toast which Lily thought she should get first dibs on!!
Hard to get a crisp photo of her as she was pretty intent on getting her hands on the food 🙂
IMG_7972 IMG_7977
I had the Chicken and haloumi salad which was very tasty and kept me going all day.
Azzan opted for the Cajun fish slider which he demolished very quickly and said it was delicious and then proceeded to the counter to get a baby cupcake for dessert 🙂
On the way home Lily went to sleep so we diverted to do some shopping.
Azzan stayed in the car with her until she woke.
Got some cute baby clothes and Azzan found some free rather large hard backed books which I had to find space for in our bags :-/
Time was moving on so we headed back home and I quickly packed the bags and cleaned out the room.
Then we were off to the airport.
It was sad to be leaving so soon.
Hopefully it won’t be another 4 months till we see you all again xxxx
Goodbyes were fast cuz we only had a few minutes before check in closed.
Got there and bags dealt with in time and then went to sit and wait for boarding.
While I waited I checked in on Facebook and was saddened to see that our friend and neighbour Danny had passed away last night.
It has been a long battle.
Good bye Danny – you fought a valiant fight.

I slept most of the flight back to Nelson.
Landed to a much cooler day.
John met us and took us back to Arrow Motels where he had my car parked safely waiting for me.
Had a few minutes with them and then had to drive out to Richmond to sort out some insurance hassles.
I was so annoyed.
The underwriters had not contacted our broker until Friday morning re our renewal of the boat insurance and they wanted all the paper work signed and back to them by Monday.
Yeah right!!
I let the broker know it couldn’t happen that fast as I was away and she was trying to sort it for me as she agreed they had slipped up majorly.
Then got message as I landed to say that if they didn’t get our paperwork today the boat would be uninsured as of Fri 4pm.
Well whose fault is that??
So I whizzed out to see her and do what I could this arvo.
But the skippers papers couldn’t be done until the guys come to town later this week.
Apparently the underwriters were saying to our broker ‘can’t you drive down and take the papers to them??
Or can’t the Blenheim agent take them down?’
A 3 hour drive each way for either agent – not happening!
It was not a good day for me to have to deal with idiots sitting in the glassed Wellington offices with no clues as to how the real world operates 😦

We headed straight back to Nelson as I didn’t want to be late out of town.
Stopped to get Azzan some promised Mexican food as he was starving then on to meet Nathan at Hangar 58.
He was cleaning the ice cream machine and had a slight problem which took him longer so we got an early dinner snack there and then sat and chatted with him for a while.
Finally dragged ourselves out into the murky wet evening and went to pick up groceries.
Loaded up a pile of fruit and veges and then left town at 6:30pm.
Just heading to Atawhai and thankfully noticed the fuel gauge was nearly empty so u-turned and went back to town to fill up.
Running out of fuel in the middle of nowhere on a scundgy night like this would not have been a good look!!
It was pouring with rain and very foggy most of the way home.
I stopped briefly at Okiwi Bay, and then again at the top of McLarens when I received a text from Anson re the state of the road so had pulled over to read it and rest a bit.
Another vehicle passed me and pulled over.
I couldn’t see who it was at first as it was so murky but then recognised Anneke.
She ran back to make sure we were okay.
So lovely to talk with her and to have someone checking on me.
Had a quick chat with her and Rob and then followed them all the way to their turnoff.
It was somewhat comforting to have them in front.
When they turned off it all of a sudden felt very black and vulnerable.
Azzan and I agreed that it is at times like this that we don’t like the road home much :-/
Thankfully the rain eased a bit when we got to Tim’s cairn.
We stopped and put some pretty protea flowers there and had a few minutes to quietly hug.
Then we shared some funny memories as we drove home.
Arrived back to an empty house around 10pm.
Mahalia had left the light on but had gone up to Cat’s hut for the night.
We unpacked all the car and put away the groceries and all our gear.
My bedroom window was wide open & cold and Azzan was disappointed to find his bed had been left unmade.
So I helped him make it so I could get him off to bed.
Finally fell into my bed and waited for the electric blanket to heat me through.
Was quite a while before I could sleep.
Hate being alone.
It is just not fair!
Rant over!
Finally slept from sometime around 1:30am.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s